Tuesday, March 4, 2014

REDWORK GALORE

On the weekend of February 22 I had the pleasure to attend a meeting of the Lone Star Quilt Study Group at the Czech Heritage and Cultural Center  in LaGrange, Texas.  The speaker was Rosie de Leon-McCrady of Austin on the subject of vintage/antique quilts and other fabric items containing redwork.  Rosie’s redwork webpage can be seen HERE.

This is just a sample of the photos I took at this gathering.  Just click on each photo to see more detail.  Better pictures that were taken by Kitty Ledbetter, can be seen by visiting the Lone Star Quilt Study Group photo page HERE.

little girl detail


colonial quilt red alt blocks
feathered stars and redwork

signature blocks

piecing w embrodered 2

I met some very nice ladies at my table, Libby and Barbara from Arlington, Texas and Sylvia from Canton.  Sylvia had on the cutest blouse that had a old embroidered dresser scarf along the yoke and lapped over her shoulders to the front with smaller matching motifs.  It was a winner!

Sylvia back of shirt embroidery

The next Lone Star Quilt Study Group meeting is set for August 23, 2014 at The Witte Museum in San Antonio, Texas to study Texas Republic era quilts led by Marcia Kaylakie.  If you are interested in attending you may find the registration information HERE.  I’m really jazzed about this one!

There is more to come about our LaGrange trip, including the "Best Little Quilt Show in Texas," a very old historic cemetery and a visit to the Texas Quilt Museum so stay tuned.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pictures. It was a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling on my computer screen....!!!
    Just love all those gorgeous quilts.
    Thank you so much for sharing such inspiring and amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!