Wednesday, June 11, 2014

ANTIQUING IN THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY

Early last month, Sweetie and I went antiquing/junking on a short trip to part of the beautiful Texas Hill Country.  The wild flowers were blooming like crazy, including the prickly pear.  Did we stop to take pictures?  No!!!!

prickly-pear-cactus-plant-with-big-thorns-flowering

This is a “public domain” photo I found on the Internet.  That’s how they looked.

We stayed overnight in Burnet, Texas and spent a lot of time antique/junk shopping.  Here are a few of the interesting things we saw at the Burnet Antique Mall.  This is one of my favorite antique malls of all time!

                                 Vintage Quilts
DSCN2011

DSCN2012
DSCN2013

DSCN2014
DSCN2016

DSCN2017

DSCN2029DSCN2030

Antique Spool Cabinets
DSCN2021
DSCN2022
DSCN2023DSCN2024

Doll Bunk Beds
DSCN2019DSCN2020

Hoosier-Style Kitchen Cabinet with Side Extension
DSCN2025

DSCN2026

DSCN2027

DSCN2028

There were lots of other good things, but we didn’t bring anything home from there.

I’ll write more about this trip in my next blog post.  Until then, put the peddle to the metal and keep on sewing.
a red Signature
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons license.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great place to visit- might have to put that on my list of places to go!
    Thanks for sharing ~ Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip! and I have to laugh at myself...I clicked on your prickly pear picture before I read the rest of your blog! and I was going to ask your permission to maybe use it in an artwork I have in mind! Then I read the rest...and I guess I don't need to ask, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, leave me a comment so I know that I'm not talking to just myself!